Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Message of All Messages

A friend of mine was abusing (using bad words for) my father infront of me. My father was also listening to him. My father was expecting some reaction from me (either warm or cold) which was also expected by almost everybody around three of us. Contradictory to that, I responded with a mere gentle smile and kept listening to him patiently. After finding me so calm and quiet, he started abusing my father in a much louder voice. As a result of his efforts and my silence, people around us also took him to be on the right and started abusing my father. I was still quiet. The moment we (me and my father) returned home and told the story, everyone was mad at me that why I didn’t show any reaction. My father was also annoyed from my strange behavior. My brother said, “You should have broken the neck of your friend or you should have called me on the spot to do the job”. Well my only reply to them was, “I was showing patience”.

Is there anyone alive in the world more patient than me? Can anyone show the amount of patience I did? OR DO YOU THINK THIS IS A HIGHLY IRRESPNONSIBLE, FOOLISH AND IDIOTIC THING I DID WHICH I LABEL TO BE AS PATIENCE???

The biggest abuse anyone can give to our Creator, Allah (SWT) is to say that, “Allah has given birth to a son.” Or “There is no Allah”. Or “There are many Gods”. We know that for the whole 24 hours, 7 days a week; we live amongst such people who abuse Allah. What we do in return? Show our patience? Will Allah be pleased with this sort of patience? Ofcourse I am not saying to go and kill them or fight with them, but do we atleast open our mouth once infront of them, when they abuse our Creator? Do we??? No. Never, we never open our mouth to atleast say them, “Stop brother, you are abusing my Creator”. We never do so. Then we say, “We love Allah”. How come? How can you love someone and keep quiet while someone else is abusing your beloved infront of you???

Telling other Muslims about the truth of Islam is very good and essential. We must try to memorize our Muslim brothers, the do’s and don’ts of our religion. But we must also struggle to shut the mouth of such disbelievers. We must argue with them and reason with them in the manners described in Quran. Ofcourse we can’t force them or can’t change their way of thinking for sure, but we must try our level best to do so. It is Farz (just like other Faraiz) on us to spread the truth especially to those who don’t altogether know about it. On the Day of Judgment, according to Quran, they will hold us responsible for their disbelief.

What we are doing is just fighting with each other’s point of views, creating sects, going back and back, becoming and behaving like losers. And on top of all, not understanding and trying to correct our mistakes. What we should do is to leave the differences in point of views aside, become one “Muslim Ummah” and fight with unbelievers together; and prove them that Muslims are one unity with one goal and one purpose (pleasure of Allah), and they are the strongest power in the world, because what they believe is nothing but ALL TRUTH.
(Please think about it seriously. Don’t consider yourself just as any forgranted hereditary Muslim, you have a duty to fulfill. There is a lot to do and we have done nothing).

No comments: