Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Shameful Acts

Few days back, I bought a shirt for myself. It was a bit costly than the average. I was very excited about wearing it the first time. Unfortunately, while ironing, it burnt a little. I was stunned and was in a fix that what will happen now. I considered myself as doomed and all my joys and excitement went off suddenly. My mood remained off for the next whole day. I thought of giving it to any needy person for whom that burnt will not matter, but a brand new “costly” unworn shirt; how? The heart was filled with so much regret for that shirt.
I realized in those moments, how difficult it is for me to give a ‘new, relatively costly’ thing in the name of Allah (which is actually for my own benefit).

Most of the times, whenever Quran talks about the orders of giving up life in the fight for truth, It uses the term “ Jan Aur Maal” ( Soul and riches). Talking about the term “Maal” or money, for human beings like me, it is not very easy always to even fulfill this order too. I shared my own example of this shameful act, which clearly shows the weakness of my faith.

Go to Quran and read it in the language you understand the best.
I am sure Allah will inshahallah guide us all in the right way. Amin.

No comments: